Monday 12 January 2015

Are you happy?

Bam!  Those three words (not, "I love you", as per popular demand) have punch-in-the-face capabilities like no other.  Not, "are you happy with...".  That suggests a single item.  You can change that latte to a cappuccino in under 5 minutes.  And you will be happy with your coffee.  Or with the service.  Or with the item you paid for.

My question is a (brace yourself) are YOU happy.  As a whole.  Sure you could loose a bit of weight or have your hair done.  But those things will never make you complete or completely happy.  Gosh.  For a Tuesday morning, I realise that this is a heavy.  Is happy a state of mind? A place? A lifestyle?

I feel happy with family.  All together, washing dishes or feeding the baby. The mundane tasks have nothing to do with it really.  It's the company.  The nonsense chit chat and banter.

I think we were designed to function in packs.  And if half your pack is missing for too long a time at a time, don't question your seemingly speedy dwindle into the land of the lesser-happy.

Am I happy?  Most of the time.

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment