Thursday 7 November 2013

Early morning mercies


I have never been one to take much interest in other peoples' religions.  But this morning I realised that, maybe having as many arms as a hindu god would be useful.

I was trying to carry bottles and baby down the stairs when I dropped the bottles, waterfall fashion.  They made it all the way to the bottom. And, while I realise that baby may not have had the survival power of plastic bottles - which made me grateful for the waterfall effect - I felt annoyed.  How is it that my previous multi-tasking skill level has dropped lower than my gym attendance?

Along comes freshly showered, ready for work, man on a white horse.  He smells wonderful and not like breast milk.  He manages to tidy up the bottles, put the kettle on, get breakfast and entertain his daughter in one smooth move.  Man, has he ever been more handsome?

I realise now that, maybe dads are heroes, not purely because of their strength, but because they have the ability to rescue momsels in distress.


1 comment: