Tuesday 5 November 2013

Lily




The most wonderful thing ever happened to me 12 days ago.  A little voice came into the world.  She tested her lungs with great vigour - she cried.  And the world rejoiced.  And with those first utterings, I knew for sure that I was in love.  And that the rest of my life would be dedicated to this love.

Now, there is love for your other half.  But that's a different kind of love.  This love, so big that it would probably fill my whole house if I was to try and measure it in jellybeans or grains of sand, renders you at the same time powerless and completed.

Is this love?

Only love can make you endure pain and be satisfied.  Only love can make you feel grateful for a dirty nappy.  If this is not love, then surely it must be madness.  And love, in the words of Norah Jones, "is the closest thing to crazy I have ever been".

Welcome to the world little blessing.  This blog serves to share you with a world that has waited for what felt like forever for your arrival.  We are all crazy about you.

1 comment:

  1. Mooi Liefie! Your words are almost as beautiful as our baby girl "Lily Vis". Love you

    ReplyDelete